(Fwd) Re: mixing big-endian and little-endian: gas/as can do?

Seems that I had the right answers, but for wrong guestions.
Must check my brains... A new try, sigh...

> Does gas/as have any capability for specifying the endian-ness of generated
> code from within a single source file?

 The mips target uses a '.option .pic2' or something to switch to PIC-code,
perhaps there is a '.option' for this too... Just 'grep' the gas sources for
'.option'...

The 'gas' docs seem to have nothing for PPC:

----- clip-----------------
AMD29K-Dependent	AMD 29K Dependent Features
ARC-Dependent	ARC Dependent Features
ARM-Dependent	ARM Dependent Features
D10V-Dependent	D10V Dependent Features
H8/300-Dependent	Hitachi H8/300 Dependent Features
H8/500-Dependent	Hitachi H8/500 Dependent Features
HPPA-Dependent	HPPA Dependent Features
i386-Dependent	Intel 80386 Dependent Features
i960-Dependent	Intel 80960 Dependent Features
M68K-Dependent	M680x0 Dependent Features
MIPS-Dependent	MIPS Dependent Features
SH-Dependent	Hitachi SH Dependent Features
Sparc-Dependent	SPARC Dependent Features
V850-Dependent	V850 Dependent Features
Z8000-Dependent	Z8000 Dependent Features
Vax-Dependent	VAX Dependent Features

> These are pertinant questions for generating code for PPC processors.  To run
> in LE mode there must be BE startup code that actual makes the switch, then
> the rest of the code is LE.

 You mean that the processor starts in big-endian? Ok, the 'crt0.S' source file
in 'libgloss/rs6000' probably could have the switch instructions... But I saw
nothing... I attach the 'crt0.S' here...

 Cheers, Kai

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,