GCC 2.8.1 for powerpc-eabi "eabi.asm" question

Hello All,

I have a technical question regarding GCC 2.8.1 compiler for
powerpc-eabi target.

I need to use my own startup code for PowerPC instead of default startup
module from GNU NEWLIB 1.8.0 library (newlib/libgloss "mvme-crt0.S")
also it is necessary to build application without LIBGCC library (this
application is embedded real-time application, therefore it is not
necessary to support relocatable code, initialize offset tables, etc).
My own startup code has to perform ordinary initialization (initialize
r1, r2, r13 registers, clear BSS and call main).

But I have found that LIBGCC 1.8.0 "eabi.asm" file contains a bunch of
functions (besides "__eabi", "__eabi_convert", "__eabi_uconvert") with
names like "_savefpr_XX", "_savegpr_XX", "_restfpr_XX", "_restgpr_XX",
"_restfpr_XX_x", "_restgpr_XX_x". As I realized from file comments this
functions have to be called internally by GCC. Therefore I have the
following questions:

1. In what cases this functions will be called?

2. Is it possible to avoid such function calls
   in the generated code?

Or this functions correspond to some obsolete compiler version?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--
Yaroslav Domaratsky (RTE team)  mailto:R35383@email.mot.com
Motorola ZAO, SPSD              Phone: 7-812-329-1927