Re: problem configuring cross

From: "Kai Ruottu" <karuottu@freenet.hut.fi>
>tells that there should be any troubles with taking these,
>fix them for egcs-1.1 or gcc-2.8.1, if needed, probably
>Cygnus has up-to-date ones for these. The Cygwin32 b19 was
>stripped from other than 'x86' stuff, but let's hope the
>b20 (based on egcs-1.1) has again the other target sources
>included...
[...]
> Okeydokey, I can email the 'm68k-elf' config files, based on the
>Cygnus-gcc-2.7.2-970404 sources, and updated for egcs-1.1, if someone
>wants them. The packed size is under 13 kbytes and the files are aimed
>to be unpacked into 'gcc/config/m68k' in egcs-1.1 sources:

I've been in contact with Jeff Law (law@cygnus.com) (a biggie on the
egcs list).  It sounds like there are a few idiosyncracies with their
m68k-elf config files that need to be worked out (calling conventions,
assembler syntax, leading underscore conventions), but he's willing to
pass them on to someone else to work on them.  I don't really think I'm
up to the task - I can usually hack things together to suit my own
purposes, but I don't know enough about the various systems and syntaxes
to come up with something that will work for everyone.  But I'll be
happy to coordinate getting the sources if someone wants to work on
them.

Or Kai, you may want to take a look at them and see how they compare to
your egcs-1.1 files.  Maybe yours are already further along than these.

Let me know if/how you want me to proceed.
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com