No Subject

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're referring to when you say "CYGNUS
LOCAL".  I don't recall anything about it in the FAQ (oddly enough I did
just see a message on the egcs list talking about "CYGNUS LOCAL" wrt
java, but I still didn't understand what it meant).

All I know is, when I asked last February about elf for m68k, Mark
Phillips was the only one who offered patches.  When I asked on the egcs
list this summer (being surprised that there still was no m68k-elf
support), I was told by Jeffrey Law (who I believe works for Cygnus)
that no one had submitted patches, that I could send in Mark Phillips's
patches, but they'd probably have to get him to assign the patches to
the FSF before they could include them.  If Cygnus has m68k-elf patches,
I have no idea why those can't be put in egcs.
--
John A. Breen
jab3@hotmail.com