Re: Macraigor wiggler(BDM) on ppc860 under Linux

I took a closer look at the code and I believe that
ppc-bdm.c file supports the wiggler in two different
ways (I think, as its hard to tell).  You can run
ppc860 on WIN32 with Macraigor windows dll and
parallel wiggler.  The command is

	target ocd wiggler /dev/lpt0

This was what I had originally thought gdb had support
for.

You can also run the serial wiggler on any machine
that has a serial port (and gdb running on it :) )
with the command

	target ocd /dev/cua0

I tried connecting to my parallel device with the line

        target ocd /dev/lp0

Trying to talk to lp0 (1st printer port) gets stuck on the write
(system call) to the port.

All of the code for this second target seems to be
talking to a serial device. Does anyone know if this
is accurate?  Is there a different target line
that supports the parallel wiggler?

Thanks,
	Vaughan

-
Chris Johns said:

> How is it compared to the Coldfire ?

Im not sure about the Coldfire but the ppc860
has a few peripherals built in. It has 4 scc's
which support serial/ethernet/hdlc.  It keeps you
from having alot of extra hardware on your board.