Re: Getting GCC to cross-compile for MIPS

Bret Indrelee <breti@bit3.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble getting GCC to cross-compile for MIPS.
> <snip, snip>
> _muldi3
> xgcc: installation problem, cannot exec `mips-tfile': No such file or
> directory
>
> There is a ../gcc-2.8.1/mips-tfile.c, but it appears to only be intended
> for native mips compilation. I'm not familiar enough with MIPS to figure
> out what it is supposed to be, it looks to be related to the elf file
> format.

It's related to the mips-ecoff format in DEC Ultrix, old Irix 3's and 4' etc.
not with embedded ecoff or elf at all...

> Any suggestions?

When both the 'config/mips/elf.h' and 'config/mips/elf64.h' do a:

	#include <mips/ecoff.h>,

I would suggest putting the following after the

	#include <mips/mips.h>

in 'config/mips/ecoff.h' :

	/* We do not want to run mips-tfile!  */
	#undef ASM_FINAL_SPEC

The macro, 'ASM_FINAL_SPEC', specifying the need for 'mips-tfile' is in
'config/mips/mips.h'...

Cheers, Kai

To get help for the crossgcc list, send mail to
crossgcc-request@cygnus.com with the text 'help'
(without the quotes) in the body of the message.