Re: canadian cross error

> Hii all,
> First of all I wanna thank to Kai Ruottu who has replied
> regarding "i386-go32 compile error". Your path worked!!

 You are welcome.

> But it is not the end. I wanna have i386-go32 cross m68k-coff
> at the end. I use cygnus script (build-3way.sh) to do that.
> I'm able to build sunos4 cross i386-go32 and sunos4 cross m68k-coff,
> but on the way to build i386-go32 cross m68k-coff, I got such
> kind of error :
>
> make[1]: Entering directory
> '/home/hardware/dony/gnu/b-i386-go32-x-m68k-coff/gcc'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'objective-c', needed by 'native'.
> Stop.

 The GCC build needs to use 'cc1obj' to do something. The 'make-lang' or
something in the 'objc' subdir, from which the final Makefile is made,
has a line with './cc1obj <something>', which is wrong...

 When doing the Canadian cross, one needs to use the 'GCC_FOR_TARGET'-one,
not the one just built.  So, I would suggest a permanent fix to this problem:

 1. Add the line
      OBJC_FOR_TARGET=`$(GCC_FOR_TARGET) -print-prog-name=cc1obj`
    in a suitable (logical) place in the start of OBJC 'make-lang'.

 2. Change the './cc1obj' in the line where it is from:
      ./cc1obj <something>
    to:
      $(OBJC_FOR_TARGET) <something>

> Did anybody ever have such kind of error?? Please reply me a hint ...

 Ok, I have met this with all new sources, but never remembered to post
to 'gcc-bug'... You need not to reconfigure, just add the OBJC_FOR_TARGET
definition and fix the line with the './cc1obj ...' in your Makefile.
When you have your 'go32-to-m68k-coff' ready and have run 'make distclean',
you can fix the OBJC Makefile template for the next Canadian Cross...

Cheers,  Kai

To get command help for the crossgcc list, including help
on adding/removing yourself to/from the list, send e-mail
to majordomo@cygnus.com with the text 'help' (without the
quotes) in the body of the message.