mips cross help

I am trying to install a cross compiler on a Sun platform to compiler mips
code.
I am using:
binutils-2.9.1
egcs-1.0.2
newlib-1.8.1

my settings are:
host   sparc-sun-solaris2.6
target mips-ecoff

Are there any patches I should be using to get this installed.  The
install appears to be working fine until I get to the actual make cross
and then I have a couple of header files that don't seem to be available
(regex.h, reg_types.h, lc_core.h).
Any assistance will be appreciated.

*  Bill Hotle, Clemson University Computer Science Dept.   *
*  E-Mail - hotlewp@cs.clemson.edu , Home - whotle@aol.com *
*  Web Page - www.clemson.edu/~whotle                      *
*  Office - G-17 Jordan Hall        Phone 656-2841         *