Re: Cross compiler PPC on SunOS for RTEMS

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Bernhard Bitsch wrote:

> I tried to build a cross compiler for
> host=sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
> target=powerpc-rtems
> with newlib-1.8.1, binutils-2.9.1 and egcs-1.0.3a.
>
> It didn't work yet. Either make crashes with messages that some
> IO-structures are not found or make can't find sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1ar.
> (ar is in /usr/local/bin ! )
>
> Must I apply crossgcc patch. If yes which and how?

The crossgcc patch is not needed by egcs.

The problem is more than likely that newlib 1.8.1 has not been tested with
rtems yet.  Patches were required for 1.8.0.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985