Re: rtems on bare machine

On Wed, 13 May 1998, M.H. Lee wrote:

> i am interested in building rtems executive on bare i486sx machine
> -- without dos or any operating system --
>
> but i can't figure out what bsp should i use.  go32 is for on dos running
>
> and force386 is which i never heard of..

The upcoming release will have a BSP named pc386 which is intended for use
in this situation.

> i am using linux on i486dx machine

Common host for RTEMS users. :0

> gcc-2.8.1 binutils-2.8.1 newlib with rtems patch and successfully installed

Both require some patchs -- especially newlib 1.8.0.

> with option "target=i486-pc-rtems"

Actually we tend to just use i386-rtems or i386-rtemself (added by a
patch).

> do i have to make bsp for my own? or is there any other way to make?

No.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985