Re: Compiling ram_init file for m68k-coff-gdb

This probably refers setting up the SCIM or SIM (I'm not sure what is in
331).
I believe these devices have programmable chip selects.  If so, then these
registers have to be setup before you can access any RAM.

You will have to have hardware knowledge of what CS (chip select) lines
from the CPU go to what CS lines on your memory.  Additionally, you will
need to either use the memory as suggested by the board manufacturer, or
come up with one of your own.

On my current project, I setup all the system registers including the
programmable chip selects in the crt0.s (I don't know where the name
comes from, but this is the assembly file that executes immediately out
of reset).

This should get you pointed in the right direction; sorry I don't know
where to point you for tutorial info as I plowed through it myself
about a year ago.

Good luck.  By the way, whats an RPM?
Regards,
Melvin.