Re: gdb and rtems for ppc?

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Robert J. Brown wrote:

> Is there a gdb cross-debugger implementation targeted to the power pc?
> Also, is there an rtems targeted to the ppc?  These two would make my
> life *MUCH* easier.  Thanks!

I don't think gdb 4.16.1 has a remote stub for the ppc.  There is support
for the Motorola PPC bug in 4.16.1 though.

RTEMS has been ported to the PowerPC.  The current release 3.6.0 has
PowerPC support in it.  The upcoming release has essentially the same
PowerPC dependent code.  We are in the process of "refreshing" the PowerPC
port and expect that to be merged sometime past the upcoming public
release.  This refresh includes support for more CPU models and a PowerPC
port manual.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985