PowerPC Debug Information

Hi,

I am using the gnu tools (target=powerpc-rtems aka powerpc-eabi).  gcc
is a gcc 2.7.2.2 with binutils is 2.8.

I am trying to use the generated code with a Corelis PowerPC 603e
emulator.  They want ELF format files with DWARF debugging information.

Their SW does not seem to correctly understand the information
generated by gcc/binutils.  For example, the code at the "start"
location is incorrectly associated with the name of a macro.

They have tested their emulator with the Diab Data toolset but we
are committed to the GNU tools. So I just want to make this work
as well as possible. :)

Has anyone on the list had any experience interfacing gcc/binutils
ELF/DWARF output with 3rd party tools like this?

Suggestions are appreciated.  I just really don't know where to take
this from here.  Thanks.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985