Re: cross linker for irix 5.3

>The cross-compiler built okay (solaris 2.5 -> irix 5.3) but I can't
>build the binutils cross-linker.  When I run configure on the binutils
>it tells me that everything will be built except 'ld'.

That's because the GNU linker doesn't fully support Irix 5 shared
libraries.  Most simple cases do seem to work, and nonshared linking
seems to work perfectly.

If you want to try it, you can force ld to be configured by looking
for irix5* in the top level configure.in file, and changing the
setting of noconfigdirs to not include ld.

However, you may run into problems.

Ian