Re: Does SDS SingleStep understand m68k-coff-gcc?

   From: steiner@hugwi.ch (Peter Steiner)
   Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 07:36:06 GMT

   On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 18:14:17 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

   > >When I build an ieee-file (with OUTPUT_FORMAT(ieee) in the linker
   > >script), the ieee converter fails with this message
   >
   > >fromieee: error: invalid MRI/HP record code (0x0) near offset 0x258
   >
   > Don't do it that way.  Instead, use the linker to generate a normal
   > COFF file, and use
   >     objcopy -O ieee --debugging COFF-FILE IEEE-FILE
   > to convert the COFF file into IEEE format.

   When I try this, I get another error from the converter:

   fromieee: error: Fortran complex types not supported

   I tried different switches when compiling: -g/-gstabs/-gcoff. The
   resulting files differed in size, but the error stayed...

I don't see that error in the current sources (2.8.1).  Perhaps it was
in an older version; I don't remember.  I don't remember what it might
mean.

Ian