Libgloss and stdio

Help!!

I'm trying to get the basic i/o functions like printf, putchar, etc. to
work on my m68k-coff embedded system.  I finally got gcc compiled and
working great - but I can't get the stdio routines to work.  I made a
crt0.S file and linker script which seem to work fine.  I then made my
own inbyte and outbyte routines to include in libgloss.  Finally, I
built and installed libgloss.

I can use the inbyte, outbyte, read, write, and print routines from my
main program with no problem.  When I try to use stdio functions,
everything compiles and links fine, but the program always hangs
whenever it gets to the putchar or printf.  I have been playing around
with this for a week or so, and I'm not getting anywhere.  If anyone has
experienced a similar problem, or has some helpful advice, please drop
me a line.  Unfortunately I don't have GDB working, so debugging is
tough.

Jeff Webb
mustang@eel.ufl.edu