Re: GNU compiler for 68360 and 820 cpus

    Stephen> rj@eli.wariat.org said:
    >> I am working on a project using the 68360 and 820 cpus and a
    >> commercial compiler.  I was wondering if anyone has had
    >> experience using the gnu tools and g++/gdb with these targets.

    Stephen> The GNU tool chain works fine for the 68k series. The
    Stephen> on-line documentation for ucr has a chapter on building
    Stephen> the compiler and assembler for cross- compilation. Cyngus
    Stephen> also archivves a FAQ for embedded programming.

    Stephen> 	<http://www.picturel.com/ucr/uCR.html>

I have used the gnu tools with 68020, 30, & 40 before.  My question
was whether they had any specific version for the 68360.  Also, I have
never used the 820 before, bt I am now working on a project where the
hardware was pretty well designed before I was called in, and the 360
and 820 were already in the design.

We have been having some problems with the C++ commercial compiler
recently, and so I wondered if the gnu stuff could be used as a
temporary workaround.  We have a paranoid corporate mandate not to
*SHIP* anything built withGnu tools, probably due to a
misunderstanding on licensing, or perhaps it is an ISO-9000 issue :-(

--
--------  "And there came a writing to him from Elijah"  [2Ch 21:12]  --------
Robert Jay Brown III  rj@eli.wariat.org  http://eli.wariat.org  1 847 705-0424