Re: Some Bugs

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Doug Evans wrote:
>    use "gmake" (gnu make) when compiling newlib.
>
> Are you building in the source tree or in a separate directory?

I constructed the tree suggested in the FAQ, I used the on-tree-1.2.sh
script. GNU tools built fine, the problems was newlib.

> Secondly, newlib should be buildable by non GNU makes,
> though one is required to build in the source tree if one
> is not using GNU make.

I must not the sco problem wasn't solved by using gmake.The crossgcc patch
doesn't seem to replace libgcc1.a for sco. I provided a null library and
got many math-related warnings. I still have to fix some typical BSD
errors on newlib to get an executable.

>From now on I'll also be replacing gcc-2.7.2 with gcc-2.7.2.1 (2.7.2.2
also patches the Makefile).

best regards,