Re: Some Bugs

> Bernie Doehner wrote:
> >
> > AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > (Now I feel better).
> >
> > Would the FAQ mantainer PLEASE put the following phrase into the FAQ?
> >
> > use "gmake" (gnu make) when compiling newlib.
> >

> True... What is it against BSD make? I thought most of newlib was BSD
> code anyway!

I don't really know exactly, but I suspect the Makefile syntax (slight
differences).

My wonderful experience in building the Hitachi crosscompiler brings me to
ask the following questions:

Who is the FAQ mantainer? Is this person on this mailing list? Without
money going their way, I have found Cygnus to be rather unresponsive to
questions regarding the cross compiler FAQ and am rather tempted to take
over the FAQ.

Does anyone else think this would be beneficial?  Or would you rather see
all newcommers go through days of agony like I and Pedro did, because of
badly outdated documentation?

Bernie