Solaris2.5 cross to M68k

I have spent alot of time trying to build an m68k cross compiler on
a Sun running Solaris 2.5.  Some of the problems I've encountered are:

1) the gcc patch will not work with the Solaris patch binary.  I had
   to get the GNU version of patch.

2) When I cross compile, I get a message back that the gnu-ld doesn't
   like the -lc switch.  Actually, I think that it can't find a c library.
   Anyone come across this before?

3) I am having trouble getting a good version of newlib.  Anyone know of
   a site that works?

If anyone has been successful in doing an m68k cross on a Solaris 2.5
Sparc platform, I would like to hear from you.  Also, has anyone done
cross debugging with this setup?
John Scheer
Project Engineer
McDonnell Douglas Aerospace