Re: [RFA:] Fix breakage of manually building SID CPU

Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:

(i.e. the earliest occurrence of "delay" for the enabled mach).
I guessed this could be related to some change in delay
semantics, but the usage in cris.cpu seems no different to other
*.cpu.  Except that some *.cpu use (delay (const 1) ...) instead
of (delay 1 ...) but unfortunately that doesn't help; changing
that doesn't affect the behavior.

(delay 1 ...) vs (delay (const 1) ...) won't make a difference. They are identical.

However, It seems that CGEN generating SID expects a different syntax for delay than CGEN generating SIM.

CGEN generating sid expects

(set (delay 1 pc) retaddr)

while CGEN generating SIM expects

(delay 1 (set pc retaddr))

I do recall the new syntax being introduced some time ago, however, I don't recall that the old syntax was depricated. Does anyone know if both are still supposed to work?

Dave