Re: Simulator Porting

Hi -

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 06:41:37PM +0530, Shilin Shakti wrote:
> [...]
> Regarding enabling the sim tracing option, i have done it in the
> 'configure' file (--enable-sim-trace option i guess).

That, plus use "(gdb) target sim OPTIONS" where OPTIONS includes
actual activation (not just capability) instructions like
"--trace-insn".  See sim/common/*trace*.

> But by the gdb-linked variant of the simulator did you mean the
> 'step' option to be passed that is checked in 'main' (mentioned in
> \sim\common\nrun.c) for single stepping?

I meant "(gdb) target sim; load; stepi; stepi; stepi; ...", so that
the sim is made to execute one target instruction at a time.

> I could not fully comprehend this option also.  [...]

I suggest building a vanilla working cross toolchain first, learning
how to use all the tools, and only after that attempting to port them.
It will take far too long to explain both usage and porting in email.

- FChE