Exact sequences for running cgen

Ok, I must be doing something wrong.  Could somebody give me an exact
walk-through of how to set up the cgen environment.  I have tried using the cvs
sources, and the snapshot.  I have tried building cgen in place, as well as my
usual preference of building it in a separate build directory.  The last time I
asked this question, I was told just run the make in place, but neither the
snapshot nor the cvs sources have a Makefile.  I have tried using a Red Hat 8.0
system, as well as Red Hat 9 (using a 1.4.3 guile compiled since

Here is one attempt:

	$ tar -xvjf snapshot-20030607.tar.bz2
	$ cd cgen/cgen
	$ ./configure --target=m32r-unknown-elf
	$ make desc

At this point it runs, but if you look at the tmp-desc.h and tmp-desc.c files,
you see that it has not substituted M32R for @ARCH@ and m32r for @arch@ as I
would expect.  See the attachments for the tmp-desc.h and tmp-desc.c files.

--
Michael Meissner
email: gnu@the-meissners.org