Re: What CGEN-based tools are provided now?

Hi -

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 12:32:22PM +0000, æ± ç¿ wrote:
> What tools based on CGEN are provided now? I have tried SID but I found at
> last that maybe it's not useful on my work. Are there any more tools based
> on CGEN?

Take some time to look over the opcodes/ part of binutils.  That's the
area where CGEN-generated assembler/disassembler kernels are put.  The
CGEN modules that do that work are all already in the cgen/*.scm files.

> [...]
> Now my work is to find a way to simulator new CPUs.I have tried SID, but
> seems to add a new CPU in it  is too hard for me:firstly, it needs to
> modify some files which is machine-generated,

No, machine-generated files should be left alone.

> secondly, before the
> simulation, I need a toolchain to generate the .x file [...]
> it means to a lot of work!

It is not a simulator's job to create the executables you want to run
on it.  You need a toolchain, one way or another.  CGEN can help generate
the kernels of various associated tools, but there is still a considerable
amount of work involved in porting, say, gcc, gdb, and even the more minor
programs.

- FChE