Re: Using CGEN Disassembler

At 2:45 PM +0000 11/21/01, Stephen Done wrote:

>I would like to use CGEN to disassemble some code for the Mitsubishi M32R
>processor.

	Just get a binutils distribution and configure the m32r target and build.

	In the binutils build directory you'll find objdump - that does all the disassembly you could ever want...

	Or did you hope to build a disassembler into a tool YOU are building for yourself.  (In which case, you still want
	to start with the objdump sources, as it shows how to call the cgen-generated routines for disassembly....

>I have installed guile, and have downloaded the latest released version of
>CGEN (1.0).

	You don't need any of that to build and run binutils - the cgen outputs are checked-in to the binutils tree (see
	the opcodes directory for the specifics....

		    Quality Software Management
		http://home.earthlink.net/~qsmgmt
			apl@alum.mit.edu
			(978)287-0435 Voice
			(978)808-6836 Cell
			(978)287-0436 Fax

	Software Process Improvement and Management Consulting
	     Language Design and Compiler Implementation