Re: [RFA] Patch to sim/common/cgen-ops.h

fche wrote:

   :      * the way to handle out-of-range arguments to the SUBWORD
   :        functions.  Perhaps it's okay to use assert(), since we're
   :        wasting a few cycles already by doing the test.

   Sure.

I'll make that change, then.

   :      * whether it makes sense to join two SFs into a DF.

   i.e., make a double out of two floats?  I don't think so. Maybe you
   mean to build a DF out of two SI's -- go through a DI first then.

No, I want to join two SFs together to form a DF -- one architecture that I
am thinking of allows you to store pairs of single precision fp registers in
one of its double precision fp registers.  If you can think of a simpler way
(perhaps using bitwise operators?), then we can eliminate the need for this.
I just thought that using (join ..) was clearer.

Ben