Re: template bloat

>>Do you have any experience about the STL using in an embedded
>>multi-tasking environment? Is it feasible or not-workable?
>
>Actually, I was speaking theoretically from a position of ignorance.
>:-)
>
>I would be curious to hear of any list members' experiences with STL as
>well. I've read lots about it in C++ Report but haven't any experience
>coding with it.

I know I have always negative examples ... but first thing I noticed when I
tried to use the STL for embedded modules was that there are some
places where it uses iostreams. (f.e. in the new operator). Thats why I
had to modify (means remove) some things to work without them. I have
not yet looked at the impact that it has on code size and placement.

>Ken

Micha