biggest deterrant to using C++?

I was curious what folks in the embedded development world might see as their
key persuasion to avoid using C++ for embedded applications.

Is it size?  Of particular features?  Is it Speed?  Perhaps general memory
footprint because of poor implementations (in some places) of certain
features, like templates or exception handling?  Other?

I've heard some discussion that one reason could be the number of embedded
programmers who are still using assembly language, or slowly moving up to C,
and see C++ as too far-reaching a learning curve.  Is that related?

Thanks,