Re: Commit: PR 22875: Stop strip corrupting unknown relocs

Hi Nick,

> >  Hmm, the o32 MIPS target backend however does not issue the "unsupported
> > relocation" error, and neither does the i386 target AFAICS.  It looks to
> > me like the reason is these targets do not support the RELA relocation
> > format, as further indicated by `readelf -r':
>
> > Again, I think it's up to the test case to get it right when encoding
> > relocations manually.
>
> The binutils/testsuite/binutils-all/strip-13.d file already has exceptions
> for other targets that only support REL relocations.
>
> Is there a way to determine o32 MIPS targets from the target triple ?

 Yes, though it has to be extracted from bfd/config.bfd and coded in TCL
somewhere.  In commit 86b24e15c45b ("MIPS/LD/testsuite: Correct
comm-data.exp test ABI/emul/endian arrangement") I did a related
arrangement and coded the list of ABIs supported by each MIPS target in
ld/testsuite/ld-mips-elf/comm-data.exp, but that does not indicate which
ABI is the default.  My plan has actully been to code the defaults
sometime as that will be required to get clean results from
ld/testsuite/ld-mips-elf/mips-elf.exp on some MIPS targets.

 NB bfd/config.bfd (targ_defvec) and gas/configure.ac (mips_default_abi)
provide the same information stored differently, and there actually were
discrepancies, which I believe I have corrected by now.

  Maciej