binutils 2.30 release schedule?

The 2.29 release was made at the end of July, so according the six months
release cycle, the 2.30 release would be around the end of January 2018.  Is
this still the plan?  I'm asking because I might be able to do a archive test
rebuild with the new binutils around Christmas, and from my point of view the
value of such a test rebuild is better when done around branching, or when done
from a release branch.  So are there any plans to continue with the six months
release cycle?

Thanks, Matthias