Re: [Patch] Remove use of sbrk

> Hi,
>
> this patch removes the reports of data size based on sbrk.
>
> The rational is:
> * I got warnings (and thus build failure unless --disable-werror) on Darwin, as sbrk(2) is
>   marked as deprecated. (I agree that this point is very minor).
> * I seriously doubt about the accuracy of memory usage as reported by sbrk(2) as malloc doesn't
>   allocate all its memory with sbrk. I also doubt that this is often used by developers as
>   there are much more advanced tools to investigate performance issues.
>
> Any comments ? Ok for trunk ?
>
> Tristan.

Hi Tristan,

I was looking into this issue and found that you tackled this a while ago.  You patch looks acceptable
to me, and nobody opposed to it, so I was wondering what was the status.  Did it simply fall through
the cracks?

On macOS, it doesn't even give results that make sense:

  ./nm-new: data size -140731891278888

Thanks,

Simon