Re: [patch] update zlib to the 1.2.10 release.

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 1:00 PM, Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> NightStrike proposed to revert to the 1.2.8 release until zlib stabilizes again;
> I'm open for that, but didn't want to stay with the 1.2.10 release.

I don't recall making that proposal.  I thought I just suggested that
since modern zlib now supports having a separate build and source
directory (at least according to the December changelog: "Allow
building zlib outside of the source directory"), you should check to
see if the gcc build system had any hacks to accomplish the same thing
that could now be removed.