Re: [1/9][RFC][DWARF] Reserve three DW_OP numbers in vendor extension space

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Jiong Wang <jiong.wang@foss.arm.com> wrote:
> On 28/12/16 19:54, Cary Coutant wrote:
>>>
>>>    OK on this proposal and to install this patch to gcc trunk?
>>>
>>> Hi GDB, Binutils maintainer:
>>>
>>>    OK on this proposal and install this patch to binutils-gdb master?
>>>
>>> include/
>>> 2016-11-29   Richard Earnshaw  <rearnsha@arm.com>
>>>               Jiong Wang  <jiong.wang@arm.com>
>>>
>>>          * dwarf2.def (DW_OP_AARCH64_operation): Reserve the number 0xea.
>>
>> This is OK, but:
>>
>> +/* AARCH64 extensions.
>> +   DW_OP_AARCH64_operation takes one mandatory unsigned LEB128 operand.
>> +   Bits[6:0] of this operand is the action code, all others bits are
>> initialized
>> +   to 0 except explicitly documented for one action.  Please refer
>> AArch64 DWARF
>> +   ABI documentation for details.  */
>>
>> Is it possible to include a stable URL that points to the ABI document?
>>
>> -cary
>

>   As this patch has got approve from GCC, is it OK to install into
> binutils-gdb master?
>
>   My understanding is "include/dwarf2.def" is shared between GDB and
> Binutils.

"include/dwarf2.def" in binutils-gdb is a copy from gcc, as the comments in
the top explain "This file is part of GCC.".  Since the patch was approved in
GCC, you need to commit the patch to GCC repository, and sync
"include/dwarf2.def" from GCC repo to binutils-gdb repo.  The last sync
is done by Nick https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2015-09/msg00330.html

>   This patch and the described AArch64 DWARF proposal has got GDB ack from
> https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2016-11/msg01008.html which, from my
> understanding, is a conditional approval given there is follow up GDB
> patches on multiplexing DW_CFA_GNU_window_save.
>
>   This patch still need Binutils approval.

The sync is regarded as an obvious change, so you can commit it in
binutils-gdb repo.

--
Yao (齐尧)