Re: Binutils release 2.28 - soon

> On 23.12.2016 10:13, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> > I have just made the branch (I will be away next week so I preferred
> > to make it before).  Do not hesitate to bump the gold version on
> > master and on the branch.
>
> As with the 2.27 branch, the date bumps are not enabled on the 2.28 branch.
> Maybe worth documenting for the release process.

Thanks for the heads up. IMO, we should resume the efforts in trying
to get rid of that date (using the git revision when available instead),
so as to avoid those daily checkins. On the branch especially, they
completely drown the real commits, rendering the branch history
very painful to read.

In the meantime, i've updated the branch name for the date bump.

--
Joel