This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Recent outburst of global shadowing error regressions
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 00:32:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: Recent outburst of global shadowing error regressions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> May I at least please ask then not to use `index' as the pet name for
> local variables and use a more specific name instead, or just classic `i',
> as using `index' has been the cause of most regressions so far?
-Wshadow changed in GCC 4.8 so it doesn't warn for non-function-pointer
local declarations shadowing function declarations.
Joseph S. Myers