This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Recent outburst of global shadowing error regressions
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at imgtec dot com>
- To: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 23:58:43 +0000
- Subject: Recent outburst of global shadowing error regressions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I've been wondering what the cause has been for the recent global
shadowing error regressions, which have been hindering my test runs -- do
people not see them in their testing for some reason? We've had the
`-Wshadow' warning for a long while now and by now I would have expected
people to have upgraded their GCC to versions recent enough to support
this diagnostics. So why has it been missed in some cases?
May I at least please ask then not to use `index' as the pet name for
local variables and use a more specific name instead, or just classic `i',
as using `index' has been the cause of most regressions so far?