This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] gcc pr 78584 - libiberty @file parsing
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 09:19:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] gcc pr 78584 - libiberty @file parsing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 12/06/2016 07:44 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:
While the root solution for the bug is "don't do that", we should at
least try to detect the obviously wrong case more gracefully.
+ if (stat (filename+1, &sb) < 0)
Is there anything which maps stat to stat64? Otherwise, this call can
fail even for small files if the inode number cannot be represented in