This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Cannot debug 32 bits application on 64 bits host
- From: Yinon Ehrlich <yinon dot me at gmail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 15:36:32 +0200
- Subject: Cannot debug 32 bits application on 64 bits host
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
gdb (both 32 & 64 bits) cannot load 32 bits application with core file
on Debian x64 - issues a lot of warnings about ".dynamic section ...
is not at the expected address", then 'bt' stops with "previous frame
inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)"
The same gdb works on Ubuntu x32 !
The command-line used to check it is:
gdb 32bit.app 32bit.core -nx --batch -ex "bt"
But: when running the same command-line and hitting Ctrl+C while the
trace-back is loaded, the trace-back is seen !
Any idea ?
Thanks in advance,