This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Revert accidental elf.c change
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:39:50 +1030
- Subject: Revert accidental elf.c change
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <20161128022604.GE26291@bubble.grove.modra.org>
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:56:04PM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> > A recent binutils commit:
> > https://sourceware.org/git/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=commitdiff;h=1a9ccd70f9a75dc6b48d340059f28ef3550c107b
> > has broken kernel builds:
> So this change added space for another header, it seems. I suspect
> that was accidental, particularly since there was no mention of
> get_program_header_size in the ChangeLog entry.
Nick, was I correct in the above comment? Two headers I agree with,
but can't see why you need the third?
* elf.c (get_program_header_size): Revert accidental change.
diff --git a/bfd/elf.c b/bfd/elf.c
index 5cc938d..3d1a28a 100644
@@ -4254,7 +4254,7 @@ get_program_header_size (bfd *abfd, struct bfd_link_info *info)
PT_INTERP segment. In this case, assume we also need a
PT_PHDR segment, although that may not be true for all
- segs += 3;
+ segs += 2;
if (bfd_get_section_by_name (abfd, ".dynamic") != NULL)
Australia Development Lab, IBM