This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 11:01:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] Add support for choosing disassembler cpu in GDB for POWER.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20161012082525.3250910FDC3@oc8523832656.ibm.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 10/28/2016 03:53 PM, Peter Bergner wrote:
> I didn't realize we could have multiple gdbarchs for the same
> arch live at the same time. Do you have a suggestion on how
> to fix this? Maybe each arch will have its own *-tdep.c global
> var to hold it and maybe store a pointer to that in the gdbarch?
Yeah, that sounds like the simplest way to handle it.
BTW, I'm also not sure about saying "default" in "show disassembler-options".
I don't think "set disassembler-options default" would work?
Do we still need that given the option is no longer described in
terms of cpus?
Related, "set disassembler-options" should work to clear options.
I couldn't tell whether it works from a quick skim over your
Thanks a lot for working on this, BTW.