This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 4/6] RISC-V opcodes
- From: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer at dabbelt dot com>
- To: nickc at redhat dot com
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Andrew Waterman <andrew at sifive dot com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2016 12:30:31 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/6] RISC-V opcodes
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 07:39:57 PDT (-0700), firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>> +++ b/include/opcode/riscv-opc.h
>> @@ -0,0 +1,1160 @@
>> +/* Automatically generated by parse-opcodes */
> If this file is generated by a tool, then that tool (and input files it
> requires) should be part of the submission too. Either that, or else
> these generated files should be changed to be considered to be the
> originals, and no generator mentioned or needed.
It's autogenerated by riscv-opcodes
At least the user-level constants are pretty much set in stone (the privileged
ISA is on 1.9.1, so it could change some, but the user ISA is on 2.1 so it
won't make backwards-incompatible changes).
Should I drop the comment?