This is the mail archive of the mailing list for the binutils project.

Re: git problems/question

Interesting. An artifact of sharing a repo between projects with
different lifecycles.

Without knowing that, though, the commands I gave offered the same end result:

fred@falcon:~/repos/tools/binutils-gdb$ git rev-parse binutils-2_23-branchpoint
fred@falcon:~/repos/tools/binutils-gdb$ git merge-base
binutils-2_23-branchpoint binutils-2_27
fred@falcon:~/repos/tools/binutils-gdb$ git rev-parse binutils-2_23-branchpoint^