This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Fwd: linkder script gui
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Peter Lorenz <peter dot lorenz at student dot tugraz dot at>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:54:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fwd: linkder script gui
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> I am trying to start with:
> ./<binutils>/ld/ld-new -m elf_x86_64
> I have cloned the binutils 2.27 into a folder it is not that one from my Arch Linux and getting following error: http://codepad.org/aHj9QVQc
> $unrecognised emulation mode: elf_x86_64
This error indicates that the linker that you are running (ld-new) has
not been configured to support the elf_x86_64 target. (Note: this linker
is different from the system linker, which is why "ld -V" listed elf_x86_64
as a supported target).
You should check how you configured the linker that you built in the <binutils>
directory. If necessary you may need to add --enable-targets=x86_64-pc-linuxgnu
to the configure command line.