Re: Deprecating and removing old targets

    > On 12/09/16 08:37, Tristan Gingold wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > after a short discussion at the GNU cauldron 2016, I'd like to hear
    > opinion about removing old targets in bfd.
    > It is hard to know whether or not they are used, so if you are using an old target please speak up.

    Just to be clear, in case anyone reading Tristan email does not know
    this, any targets that we do decide to remove would first be added to
    the obsolete targets list (in bfd/config.bfd), and only once a major
    release has happened (probably 2.28 in this case), would we start
    actually removing code.

Does that mean I can remove the code for sparc*-*-rtemsaout and
sparc-*-lynxos*?  They have been listed as obsolete in config.bfd for a
long time.

It would be nice if we could get rid of the sparc-coff (only used by
lynxos AFAIK) an even the sparc-aout (old netBSD, sunos) stuff all at
once.  Only ELF sparc targets would remain..