Re: Deprecating and removing old targets

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Jeff Law wrote:

> We might consider dropping hppa-som, which is an HPUX 32 bit only object
> format.  We'd keep ELF for the linux port.

Which would suggest obsoleting 32-bit hppa-hpux support in GCC
(install.texi says "We require using gas/binutils on all hppa
platforms.").  (If the pre-ELF OpenBSD ports were also removed, that would
leave pdp11 as the only GCC port defining TARGET_HAVE_NAMED_SECTIONS to
false.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com