This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Deprecating and removing old targets
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 11:07:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Deprecating and removing old targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <C02C9961-F764-45D9-B9B8-B0575C0B1D78@adacore.com>
On 09/12/2016 08:37 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> after a short discussion at the GNU cauldron 2016, I'd like to hear opinion about removing old targets in bfd.
> It is hard to know whether or not they are used, so if you are using an old target please speak up.
> By old target, I mean any non-ELF target for which OS wasn't update in the last 10 years.
> Without a complete search, I think about:
> * all a.out targets
I posted a gdb patch to drop all a.out support from GDB a
while ago. I had forgotten about it meanwhile. I'll dig it
up and see about pushing it to master soon.