This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Deprecating and removing old targets
- From: <Paul dot Koning at dell dot com>
- To: <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 15:37:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: Deprecating and removing old targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <C02C9961-F764-45D9-B9B8-B0575C0B1D78@adacore.com>
> On Sep 12, 2016, at 3:37 AM, Tristan Gingold <email@example.com> wrote:
> after a short discussion at the GNU cauldron 2016, I'd like to hear opinion about removing old targets in bfd.
> It is hard to know whether or not they are used, so if you are using an old target please speak up.
> By old target, I mean any non-ELF target for which OS wasn't update in the last 10 years.
> Without a complete search, I think about:
> * all a.out targets
> Targets I think we should keep:
> * vax
> * z80
> * pdp11
Sounds reasonable. I'm partial to pdp11. But isn't pdp11 an a.out target?