This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold][powerpc] PR gold/20529 - relaxing loop never ends
- From: Han Shen <shenhan at google dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Jing Yu <jingyu at google dot com>, Eric Christopher <echristo at google dot com>, Jeff Bailey <jeffbailey at google dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 10:40:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold][powerpc] PR gold/20529 - relaxing loop never ends
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACkGtrjdgnbociZ_WT3v5CgfY3b=Bua_=P1O85+c9L8XkYLyXw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJimCsGx5LA=9dpBnShX-oC7hDf_avAqCuFAU+w7nYuUy3+Ruw@mail.gmail.com>
Hi Cary, thanks for the review.
On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 9:23 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
>> 2016-08-26 Han Shen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> PR gold/20529 - relaxing loop never ends.
>> * powerpc.cc (Stub_table::min_size_threshold_): New member to
>> limit size.
>> (Stub_table::set_min_size_threshold): New member function.
>> (Stub_table::set_address_and_size): Add code to only allow size
>> (Target_powerpc::do_relax): Add code to record last size.
> This is OK. Thanks!
> Do you think it's serious enough to warrant a backport to 2.27?
I would say yes - an endless linking time is quite disruptive for any
develop cycle, although chances are slim that someone hit the bug (I
continuously monitor 100k of ppc targets, and this is the only one