This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Replacement for the .stabs directive
- From: Umesh Kalappa <umesh dot kalappa0 at gmail dot com>
- To: LLVM Developers Mailing List <llvm-dev at lists dot llvm dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, eager at eagercon dot com, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 01:25:47 +0530
- Subject: Replacement for the .stabs directive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Hello Everyone ,
We have the legacy code ,that uses the .stabs directive quiet often
in the source code like
.stabs "symbol_name", 100, 0, 0, 0 + .label_one f;
and ,the above code is wrapped with the inline asm in the c source file .
we are using clang 3.8(with lto) and as you know that builtin
assembler / MC streamer don't have support fir .stabs directive.
we are looking to emulate the above .stabs semantic i.e associative
the label_one address with "symbol_name" ,by dwarf or any gas
Any suggestions,how we can achieve that ?