This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold] 2.27 generates GOT where 2.26 did not
- From: Jethro Beekman <binutils at jbeekman dot nl>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 20:19:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gold] 2.27 generates GOT where 2.26 did not
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <CA+=Sn1nwNN0D2pAcv4ABEsp4qcvSAR1Z5umszFhz2sTj5F80-Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 11-08-16 20:10, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Jethro Beekman <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Is this a regression in 2.27? I really don't want to use the GOT. Is there a
>> flag I can pass to get the old behavior?
> IIRC this is correct behavior for x86_64 due to copy relocs.
I get the same thing if I pass -Wl,-z,nocopyreloc